And so the league must be born.
Because I need allies. And I can no longer assume that I might find them in any one school or institution, I need to recruit them from whatever disparate corners of the universe that I amy find them.
These teachers will be committed to the following ideals:
We, the league of extraordinary teachers ( working title), will serve to...
1. Empower students to reach their fullest potential
2. Empower students to find their own unique gifts and strengths no matter what they may be
3. Encourage questioning, wonderment, and open-ended "outside of the box" thinking. Because there is no box.
4. Allow students to direct their own learning
5. help students to become self-sufficient.
We believe in using whatever means and methods may help us reach this goal. It could be the arts, technology, nature, the environment, books, hands-on approaches. The methods may change over time but the goals will remain the same.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP.