I am experimenting with a new blog today.
This one is an edublog, for children who love to write. I'm hoping it will help better connect me to my world wide peeps:
9-12 year olds (and people who are able to think like them).
Below is where I'm trying things out:
Superheroes!
Robots!
and Ninjas!
That's all I cared about when I was your age.
This is a blog for children who love stories, even if they don't know it yet.
Intro:
Pow! Bang!
Risk Man busted down the door with his electro-shock light saber. Dr. Nefarious was yet again within his clutches.
"Your time is up, Cretin!" Risk Man shouted at the cornered Mad Scientist, "Release your prisoners, now!"
When the dust settled, Risk Man surveyed the room. He had successfully infiltrated the inner reaches of Dr. Nefarious' Secret Lab. To his left, he could see Dr. Nefarious' Death Ray powering up, flickering with rivulets of electric power. To his right were the missing scientists. It had taken Risk Man weeks to track them down. They were tied up and imprisoned in a makeshift cage but nonetheless were unharmed.
And directly in front of him, standing an enormous control board of switches, buttons, and dials was his all-time nemesis, Dr. Nefarious. The tiny bald man's eyes were cloaked by his signature black goggles. His white labcoat was spotless and trim. His gold buttons glimmered brightly in the dimness of the lab. Dr. Nefarious did not look scared. Quite the opposite. He grinned like a little boy on Christmas morning, his gloved hands excitedly massaging each other.
"Aha! Risk Man! It's about time you joined the party!" cackled Dr. Nefarious, " I have been waiting for you! And my next trick is one that you surely will not wish to miss!"
The doctors evil laughs resounded through the concrete walls of the subteranean chamber. In the distance, Risk Man could hear the approaching sounds of jack-booted minions.....
* * *
Notice I didn't say BOOKS but stories.
Everybody loves stories. The WORLD is made up of stories. Maybe your favorite story isn't found in a book. Maybe your favorite story is found in a movie, video game, comic book, or cooking magazine....or better yet from your own life. We should all be the main characters in our favorite stories.
Maybe your favorite story is the time you went hunting with your dad, or your mom took you to your first Monster Truck show.
Whatever your favorite story is, this blog is for you!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP.