Thursday, January 14, 2010

Teaching, Hope, Learning, Failure

I recently added a "cloud" to my blog which tracks the "tags" that I have used most often in my blog. After almost 3 years of doing this blog, the top hits are:

Teaching
Hope
Learning
Failure

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment of my past 2-3 years on this planet. I've been experiencing a lot of failure over the past three years and I'm, grudgingly, learning to accept failure as a teacher.

Some of my Big Questions are:
--What happens when we don't get what we want?
--What happens to a dream deferred?

It's a really important lesson to learn because, as David Richo says "life doesn't always go according to plan."

The bigger question for me, right now, is :

--Can I learn to be hopeful in the face of failure?

I don't know. But I'll certainly try.

More on this in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP.