Monday, February 8, 2010

Final Entry: The Next Journey

The First Thirty
(October 1st, 2007 - February 1st, 2010)
2 years, 4 months in the life.


I started this blog on October 1st, 2007.



"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries."
- James Michener
I began with the goal of becoming a better writer. 
(Mostly because, at the time,  I felt a bit lost as to where I was headed as a teacher. )


I am thirty something years old. I have been teaching for the past 10 and writing for most of the past 20. This blog will record my learnings and observations on both. Like everything, it is a work in progress.
 Three days ago I signed a contract to teach English in Asia again. That's where my journey began back in February of 1997 when I signed a similar contract.

What has changed? What has remained the same?

What's changed?
1. I'm older, wiser, more experienced.
2. I'm not a 22 year old kid, just out of college who thinks he knows everything and everything.
3. I'm a thirty something kid who is pretty sure about very little. The more I learn, the less I know.
4. I'm MARRIED. I bring with me on this journey: my wife, my best friend, my personal advisor, and my co-teacher. (Thank god that's all one person or we wouldn't be able to afford the ticket!)

This may be my last blog entry.

A new journey begins!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP.