Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Frozen in Paradise.

Everything moves so slowly in the dead of winter. Frozen.
And so there's no time for anything.
Kids misbehavin' in the halls who will NEVER learn.
kids who don't know how to read or write or speak Math beyond the extent of their upper middle class counterparts did in Kindergarten.

I don't hate the rich. I don't envy the poor.

I just find it criminal that in the richest country on Earth ( currently) we are raised a nation of "ignorant diabetics."

This was the phrase coined by a Futurist speaker at a recent in-service on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

I guess I should consider myself lucky.
1. We're making headways in Reading.
2. I've only been at this school for 2.5 months and I've felt like a full teammate since day 1.
3. May days are shorter and the load is certainly lighter with 4 people sharing the work of three.

Most of all I am thankful hat I live with a beautiful wonderful woman who loves me and understands me for who I am ( and I feel I do the same.)

I'm living in paradise.

And I'm still upset about the last three things I can't seem to effect or control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP.