It's been 24 days since my last composition.
But there's more to life than numbers, I guess.
“Not everything that matters can be counted, and not everything that can be counted matters.” -- Albert Einstein
So, STOP COUNTING, I guess.
It's been so long since I've written that I don't know what to write about.
So, how about depression, for a change?
February is the doldrum month. The point along our journey where we run out of steam, get lost in the fog, teeter off the edge of the road. September is the triumphant beginning and June the exhausted elated last gasp.
February is the doldrum month. The point at which I usually feel most lost, I think.
I don't know whether I'm happy or sad, lucid or mad, productive or just wasting my time.
Things are so hard to discern in the mist of February. I forget where I'm going or where I've been.
The only thing worse, I guess, are the IDES of March. It's been going on about 4 years now
March 15th, 2004: Forced out of my job
March 15th, 2005: Dumped suddenly by my girlfriend
March 15th, 2006: Resigned from my job
March 15th, 2007: informed that my contract would not be renewed
What will 2008 bring?
The pessimist in me likes to cling to the painful past
The optimist admits that at the very least March is a time of dynamic change.
Perhaps the realist will see something in between
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP.