Just keep moving.
Try not to get bogged down, but you will, anyway. So you've got that going for you.
"Once upon a time I woke up. I took a shower, with soap." I got out of bed, the third time, after the radio man related stories of recent import. I fumbled in the darkness. I went to the bathroom and sat, again, listening to the men and the women on the radio and the people they talk to. I shook out the dreams. This morning it was websites. My mind was trying to access too many websites. As usual, when the light comes on, and I see the face in the mirror, the other realities dissappear.
This one is always so cold, like the bleach white tiles in the bathroom.
Once upon a time, I woke up. I shaved my face. I took a shower, with soap. I made preparations in the kitchen ( I boiled water with a linen pouch additive containing fruit herbs and other accompanying natural flavors) before heading out to the cold. I put on the snow pants. I put on the inner top layer. I lace up each boot, one boot at a time. I locate the SPARE key before I put on the gloves. I face the cold.
Once upon a time, I woke up.
I took a shower, with soap.
I saw the face in the mirror.
I boiled water, with tea.
I opened my car, with the spare key, and started it. (It's ok to lock it if you can feel the metal losenge of the chained key in your hand, the key NOT in the ignition.)
Then breakfast
and pills
and newspaper
and lunch for the day
and writing, if time.
( all the while ignoring the feeling of dread, tastelessness, fear, insecurity, and other daily morning weights.)
Kiss girlfriend goodbye ( but you'll see her later so it's ok.)
Once upon a time, I woke up.
I saw the face in the mirror.
I boiled the water, started the car, brushed the teeth, kissed the girlfriend
And the I faced the day.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP.