I like Langston.
A lot.
I wonder what will happen to MY dreams.
What happens to a mistake that goes uncorrected?
What happens when the desire is great but the will is weak?
Since I was a child I have had the following dreams ( in no particular order):
1. To be a great and published writer.
2. To be a fantastic teacher.
3. To be a great husband, father, son and friend.
As I've said earlier in this blog, "The first year is all about trying."
I'm still just "trying" to build a writer's habit.
Trying and failing, trying and failing, trying again. That seems to be all of what living seems to be about.
I have SO MANY WRITING IDEAS. But i fear none will ever come to fruition because I am weak and disorganized.
The same goes for teaching: I know i have the instincts and the know-how. Heck, there's a world full of teacher's who just don't give a damn.....Time management and lack of organization have been my primary obstacles to success in this profession.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What ever you do don't give up. Nothing fades or falters if you don't let it.
ReplyDelete2008 is coming a new year and new possibilities.
Thanks, Easywriter. And thanks for being a loyal reader of my blog. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy visiting and Happy New Year.
ReplyDelete