October 19th, 2007.
Two days before Halloween. All weirdness breaks loose.
You have a dream.
And you try
and you fail
and you try and you fail
and you try and you try and you try
and then one day you get everything you ever wanted offered up on a silver platter.
In May and June, I couldn't BUY a teaching job. And it was in season.
Since then I've drained my bank accounts dry and meaked out a meager living on a subs salary, piecing together work for two employment agencies, two districts, and two afterschool programs.
And now, all of a sudden, everybody wants me.
Friday I got a call for a job. Saturday I got a call for a job I've applied for twice before and not gotten the time of day. Third times the charm.
Work for a private school for $40K as a co-teacher
Or work for the public for $50K and my own classroom.
Either way I start Wedenesday.
My first day of the school year is on Halloween.
How Spooky is that?
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well congratulations and the best of luck!
ReplyDeleteBe careful what you wish for....you just might get it!
ReplyDelete