Sunday, October 14, 2007

Upcoming Projects

The following is a list of titles and ideas that I would like to pursue with my blog:

1. There Are Good Kids Everywhere: 100 portraits of moments with students

2. The Good Sub

3. The Fine Schools of Our Cities

As I spend a year as a substitute teacher, I think it's important to track and rate my experience at different schools. So far I'm ambivalent about whether or not to use pseudonyms in order to protect the identy of the schools. I don't plan on saying anything particularly scathing or negative. I do however to accurately portray the relative strengths and weaknesses of each school and district. This year is all about find my niche and getting discovered by the school and district in which I want to work.

So let's begin. So far most of my work has been in Edenville District. It's a small suburban district nestled between other suburban and urban districts of various sizes. I've got a feeling that I'm going to like the smaller districts better. I've taught in the largest district in the Twin Cities area and I've taught in the smallest--various charter schools. Each charter school is its own district.

4. The Trouble With Charter Schools.
5. What ethical or moral values should the public schools teach our children ( if any)?
6. All My Hats

I have a lot of hobbies and passions: I've been a dancer ( african, modern, hip-hop, ballroom, salsa , and jazz) , a puppeteer and still love to play sports ( basketball, frisbee among the top. ) I know three martial arts and speak 4 languages.

And, of course, I am a master of NONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP.